Solve this maths problem.
Sports Day Measuring Maths
At the school's sports day, the children had a long jump competition.
- Adeel jumped 4.54m
- Zain jumped 1/2m further than Aadi
- Jala jumped 15cm further than Adeel
- Jannath jumped 0.6m further than Malak
- Mahmud jumped 23cm further than Jala
- Amina jumped 3/4m further than than the second placed child
- Shakeem jumped 1/4m less than Mahmud
- Shada jumped 0.8m further than Shakeem
- Aadi jumped 0.15m less than Jannath
- Malak jumped 40mm less than Shada
So, can you use the clues to write down who won and the other positions
- What was the average jump?
- if each child had a second jump, which was on average 10% further, what would be the average 2nd round jump?
- Check the wording in the clues to make sure you are doing the sum correctly
- Think about how many centimetres and millimetres there are in a metre
- To find an average, you must add all the distances together and divide by how many children there are
- To increase a number by 10%, you must divide it by 10 then add the two numbers together